Well this is a very special post! And it’s a little bit delayed but between the back to back visitors and Italian classes I’ve been insanely busy. However The Traveling Young’s has been nominated for a Liebster Award! This award is given to new bloggers to help you discover new blogs that you might not have known about! It gives new bloggers a chance to have their blog highlighted. Happy Reading!
The rules for the award are as follows:
Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
Answer the eleven questions they ask you.
Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers.
Ask those eleven bloggers eleven questions.
Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated so they can continue the chain
I was nominated by the world is my accessory. This is a blogger whom I seem to have a lot in common with. I suggest you read her blog the world is my accessory and perhaps give her a follow! Thank you for the nomination!!!
The questions I must answer:
1. Who/what has inspired you the most to travel?
As a child I moved around a lot. My parents always encouraged me to go out and explore my surroundings. I’ve never been one who has a hard time making friends so with all the new people I have met and listened to their stories, I am always curious to see and experience those places myself.
2. When traveling what is your favorite thing to experience (culture, food, history, etc.)?
I always lean towards the food & drink portion of the traveling experience but I would say taking pictures ties. Taking in the sights, aromas, and a belly full of food is always a good way to take what you’ve experienced and incorporate it in your life back at home.
3. What are some tips you’d like to share with those who might be newer to traveling?
Advice I have for newer travelers is to not get caught up with what others like or dislike from a location. Everyone has different expectations on where they are visiting. Go towards the things that you want to do. Travel books can be really helpful to learn what is popular to see in your area. Also ask locals, they will show/tell you where the better places are that aren’t so touristy.
4. What is your most memorable travel destination? Why?
During College I went on a ski trip to Canada to go skiing at Whistler/Blackcomb. I went with some fellow friends and really had a good time. Think spring break mentality but with snow, it did not stop those from starting naked snowball fights and The Royal Canadian Mounted Police showing up to stop the shenanigans. It was also the first time I tried Sambuca, Sushi, and had been in Canada.
5. If you were given the chance to live in one of the cities you’ve traveled to which would you chose and why?
Chicago would be one of the cities I would like to live in not only because it is home to one of the most used airports in the United States but because there is an abundance of food, music, art, shopping and seasons to enjoy.
6. Do you have any money saving tips for other travelers?
I usually talk to friends or family who has visited a place that I have not visited and ask for their input. If it’s been a place no one I know has visited I start with the online searches and start a notebook of info.
7. Do you usually travel independently or with a companion?
Usually I travel with at least one person, I find safety in numbers.
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging for those friends and families who wanted to keep up with my move to Italy. It has become a great scrapbook of everything I have been up to. It also helps with sharing recipes and photos of things I have done.
9. One place you haven’t been that you’d like to go to?
There are a lot of places I would like to go. Currently being so close the EU countries I am looking forward to traveling to them as soon as I can.
10. Top 5 destination everyone should visit?
Canada, Italy, Washington D.C., Chicago, Mexico
11. Provide all your contact information here: blog, twitter, instagram, Facebook, etc.
You can follow me on our website www.Travelingyoungs.com
Or on Instagram or Tumbler: Amessinthekitchen
Here are my nominees! I hope you will accept this award:
1. Ruins and Relics
4. Being a Brunton
5. Live simply, travel lightly, love passionately & don’t forget to breathe
6. Kristen Hansen Brakeman
7. M&J Blog
8. 1001 Scribbles
9. @pmarca Says
10. He Says, She Says… Tales of the Tripsters
11. Life As Vagabonds
Questions for the nominees that wish to accept the award:
1. If you could pick three travel companions who would they be and why?
2. What motivates you to write and to share your experiences through blogging?
3. What makes your blog different?
4. Are you a backpacker/long term traveler/business traveler/live and work abroad?
5. Why do you write (for money/connecting with people/therapeutic/fun)?
6. Where is your favorite place in the world that you’ve been to?
7. Where is the place that is on top of your bucket list?
8. How do you afford to travel?
9. Have you had any bad travel experiences? If yes, tell us about it.
10. Favorite city in the world? (Even if you haven’t been there yet)